‘Outlander’ Season 6 Cast: Jessica Reynolds as Malva Christie
Outlander launched three key characters from Season 6, Starz announced on Friday.
Relative newcomer Jessica Reynolds will play Malva Christie, who readers of Diana Gabaldon’s books will recognize as the young woman who becomes Claire’s apprentice and ends up causing big trouble on Fraser’s Ridge. Meanwhile, Mark Lewis Jones (Chernobyl) will play Tom Christie, Malva’s father and one of Jamie’s not-so-friendly acquaintances from his days in Ardsmuir Prison. Alexander Vlahos (Merlin) will play Malva’s brother, Allan Christie, who is wary of strangers.
The Starz drama recently received an early renewal for Season 7.
Ready for more of today’s topical nuggets? Good…
* Super girl threw Jason Behr (Roswell, New Mexico and the original Roswell) to breed as the famous Kryptonian who helps Kara when she faces circumstances beyond her control, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Damon Wayans Jr. (Happy endings) will star in the TBS comedy pilot Kill the orange-faced bear like a man determined to find the bear that ate his girlfriend. Additional castings include Jessy Hodges (In debt, Barry), Alex Karpovsky (Homecoming, Girls) and Nate Torrence (Hello ladies, Mr. Sunshine).
* Peacock renewed the late night series The Amber Ruffin Show through September, bringing Season 1 to a full one-year period.
* Michael Chiklis (The shield) will play Celtics coach / executive Red Auerbach in HBO’s untitled drama LA Lakers, while Sally Field (Brothers Sisters) will play the mother of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, Jessie Buss, by Deadline.
* Vera Farmiga (Motel Bates) will star as a Doctor in the Apple TV + limited series Five days at the memorial, about the first five days in a New Orleans hospital after Hurricane Katrina made landfall.
* The L word: Generation Q tapped Vanessa Williams (Flash) to recur during season 2 as Pippa Pascal, “an incendiary artist who has been out of the public eye for almost 20 years – until Bette is determined to find her,” our sister site Variety reports.
* Pop star Meghan Trainor (The fourth) will play and develop a comedy series for NBC. (No concept has yet been announced, and no writer is attached.) The project is part of a global deal the singer signed with NBCUniversal Television and Streaming Entertainment.
Which of today’s TVLine elements are you interested in?